Depending on how your policy is written, most hail damage claims have a lower or zero deductible, since hail fallout is considered an Act of God (comprehensive claim). Hail damage is usually pervasive, hitting every panel on your car, which means costs always run more than your deductible. How hail claims are handled once you leave the car at our shop:
- Your car is washed and all the dents are counted using a fluorescent light to illuminate dents.
- We then disassemble the car according to the panels needing to be repaired.
- We contact your insurance company about the dents they missed. (This happens on every car!).
- Once approved, we attempt Paintless Dent Removal (PDR).
- If it is determined that PDR will not work, traditional auto body repair methods are used.