Recommendations and precautions for the first 30 days:
What to do:
- Wash vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash using a soft cloth or sponge.
- Always use clean fresh water.
- Wash vehicle in the shade.
What NOT to do:
- Do not drive through a commercial car wash! Stiff brushes or sponges can blight the finish and damage the surface.
- Do not “dry wipe” your vehicle. Dry wiping can scratch the finish.
- Do not drive on gravel roads. It’s easy to chip the finish in the first 30 days.
- Do not park under trees and utility lines likely to attract birds. Bird droppings contain a high-acid substance that will damage a freshly painted surface. Tree sap also can mar or spot the new finish.
- Do not spill gasoline, oil, anti-freeze, transmission fluid, or windshield solvent on the newly painted surface.
- Do not wax or polish vehicle for the first 90 days. Allow finish to dry and harden completely.